The New Black: 100g
Why is it awesome?
This tea has matured to perfection since it was picked back in the Spring of 2012. As we know, Pu’er only gets better with time, and this tea is a wonderful example of that. This tea was picked in Spring of 2012 and left to age until 2013. It was then lightly fermented over 4 months in order to carry the fresh tea taste while still bringing a wonderful earthy character. The aroma is very sweet like dried apricots and the liquor is the color of Rosé wine. The tea can can be brewed at boiling temperatures or cold brewed, and everything in-between. The tea is low in caffeine so it is okay to drink before bed and has a nice energy to it that helps relax the body. Easy to brew upwards of 15 pots of tea from one small serving of this tea.
What’s the story on this tea?
- Compressed into a cake for easy storage. When you want to drink it, just break a piece off with knife or fingers.
- Super easy to drink. Boiling hot or freezing cold water and everything in-between will make for a great cup of tea!
- Slightly fermented but tastes like tea not like fermentation
- Light red, not black
- Smooth and clean
- Processed by hand, not machinery
- Not blended with other mountains, seasons, farmers, like most Pu’er is
- Leaves are much larger than normal which gives a greater depth of flavor and allows for many more brews
- Refreshing aroma like dried cherries
- From FDA registered family farm
How long will it last?
- If you don’t drink it all right away, it has no expiration date!
- Our tea increases in taste and value over the years, similar to wine
What’s extra cool about it?
- Fast shipping. Free US shipping on orders over $40, Canada on over $75, free world shipping on over $130.
- 20+ years shelf life. Pu’er doesn’t expire if you store it properly