Late 2013 (200g)
Why is this awesome?
On the farm, this tea is now considered to be “Old Tea”. Pu’er tea is the only tea in the world that has does not expire, especially when the raw product itself is of the best quality. This tea was fantastic when it was picked, and now it is a world-class Pu’er tea that has been rated #1 Pu’er tea against over 5,000 Pu’er teas and over 10,000 voters back in 2014. The greenness matured into a richer amber color and flavor and the slight bitterness evolved into a sweetness like that of apricot and dried plums.
Picked three years ago, the tea has aged primarily at the farm in 60% humidity, about 75 degrees F average. The leaves, having endured the Spring and Summer, bring out a rich plum flavor that evolves into sweet peach notes with the complexity that comes with aging. The tea is much smoother now than ever before, a fantastic tea to continue aging or to drink today.
What’s the story on this tea?
- Compressed into a cake for easy storage. When you want to drink it, just break a piece off with knife or fingers.
- Super easy to drink. Boiling hot or freezing cold water and everything in-between will make for a great cup of tea!
- Picked from ancient tea trees, some planted before America was founded!
- Processed by hand, not machinery
- Not blended with other mountains, seasons, farmers, like most Pu’er is
- Leaves are much larger than normal which gives a greater depth of flavor and allows for many more brews
- From FDA registered family farm
How long will it last?
- If you don’t drink it all right away, it has no expiration date!
- Our tea increases in taste and value over the years, similar to wine
What’s extra cool about it?
- Fast shipping. Free US shipping on orders over $40, Canada on over $75, free world shipping on over $130.
- 20+ years shelf life. Pu’er doesn’t expire if you store it properly